Velothon Sunshine Coast
Have the ride of your life at the 2019 Velothon Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia.
THE ROADS. THE GLORY. THE BANTER.
Welcome to the ultimate winter cycling escape to the sun, bringing together a stunning riding location, dream race set-up and a world class rider experience on and off the bike. Where one day of riding is never enough and you can immerse yourself in everything you love about cycling during the biggest cycling event on the planet.
Check out entry info.
WHEN YOU CYCLE WITH FRIENDS, IT’S ABOUT THE JOURNEY NOT THE DESTINATION
The great thing is, if you and your mates join us for Velothon Sunshine Coast, the destination just happens to be awesome! Think world class riding, stunning scenery from the beach to the hinterland, post ride beers watching the Tour De France at the Clubhouse beside the beach, and you’ll get a feeling of what’s on offer at Velothon Sunshine Coast.
With the teams option available, you can satisfy your competitive streak battling it out for the yellow jersey with your team mates, or if you’re not a serious roadie, just enjoy the banter and chatter while you soak up the stunning scenery. O.k., there’s a few hills and the small matter of Obi Obi to conquer, but you’re not one to shy away from a challenge, right? Read more.
A NEW TAKE ON THE TRADITIONAL EUROPEAN RIDES.
We’ve taken what we think are the best elements of a Gran Fondo style race and transplanted this format in to the winterless Sunshine Coast. Fantastic roads and routes, managed roads, King of the Mountain and Sprint stages, all combined with a perfect riding climate and sublime scenery. Off the bike every ride starts and finishes in and around the Maroochydore area, with a dedicated Velo Clubhouse right on the river at Cotton Tree Park, Maroochydore. Open throughout each day and in to the evening for riders, friends and family to relax and share in the experience.
3 Day Velo includes:
- Ride entry to the 3 Day Velo – 330km of stunning riding, gaining 5379m of elevation across the 3 days*
- Velothon Official Cycling Jersey and Socks
- Velothon official finishers medal
- 5 Sprint sections – ‘Green Zone’ race conditions
- 5 King of the Mountain sections – ‘Green Zone’ race conditions
- 5 on course Feed Stations – refuel along the way
- 6 on course Hydration Stations – top up your water bottle
- Medical Services – first aid treatment on course and at the Velo Clubhouse
- Basic Mechanical Services – mechanics on course and at the Velo Clubhouse
- Daily Awards – held in the Velo Clubhouse each day at 4:00pm. Daily Stage Winners, Leaders Jerseys, Sprint Jerseys and King of the Mountain Jerseys will be awarded
- Daily General Classification Results – compare your results with your mates each evening in the Velo Clubhouse
- Massage – Access to qualified massage therapists – $1/minute, pre-booking essential (available closer to event)
The Sunshine Coast is delighted to welcome all returning and first time Velothon athletes and their families to the beautiful Sunshine Coast.
The July climate is perfect for training and racing. From the moment you arrive and feel the sunshine on your skin; whether it is digging your toes into the golden sand for a post-race walk and swim or breathing the clean hinterland air as you cycle, you’ll begin to feel different. You will feel naturally refreshed, revitalised and relaxed in preparation for the Velothon event.
Around your training and race schedule, fuel up at one of the many restaurants and eateries along the coast providing extensive healthy options for you or indulge in a variety of cuisines; enjoy a coffee or two at one of our many coffee spots; chill at the beach to aid your recovery and create time during your stay to explore the world class coastline.
Stunning views can be found from a beach, on a boardwalk, along an esplanade or from a lookout. With over 100 kilometres of sandy coastline, peaceful everglades, dramatic waterfalls, lush rainforest and colourful underwater worlds, experience the Sunshine Coast.
Contact [email protected] to book the best accommodation on the Sunshine Coast.
Best Sunshine Coast Accommodation
Our partners provide the best rates to athletes - contact us at [email protected]om.au
Travel Entry Packages
Our travel entry packages provide all transfers and the best accommodation to Velothon
Travel to the Sunshine Coast
We provide the best flights, accommodation and sightseeing rates to our athletes
Options to assist with bike transport
We can organise with bike builds and servicing
Dinner and Breakfast
Various meal packages on request
We can assist with organising massage s