Challenge Shepparton is renowned as one of Australia’s most unique and athlete-friendly half distance courses on the national calendar and here’s five good reasons why you should tick that box too and enter Challenge Shepparton:
- A unique flat, fast course, ideal for beginners or those chasing a PB!
- The fresh water lake swim in Victoria Park Lake is regarded as one of the best open water courses in Australia
- The local community comes out in force to support the athletes
- Shepparton is a picturesque and easy two hour freeway drive from Melbourne or under two hours from Melbourne Airport
- Free beer at the finish line – enough said!
The opening swim leg is held in Victoria Park Lake. Fresh water is pumped into the lake, then filtered through the natural filtration system in the wetland area providing great water quality and visibility, making for much more direct navigation.
The bike course is a delight, taking participants through the township of Mooroopna, then along cycle friendly country roads flanked by local farms and fields towards the township of Toolamba. Ahh the serenity!
The run course is loved by all athletes and consists of three seven-kilometre laps. Runners head out along the lake edge and around ‘Aquamoves’, the local aquatic centre, before entering the red gum forest and river flats. Crossing the Goulburn River at two points each lap and through the race precinct once each lap, makes the run popular with spectators and athletes alike.
If you’re keen to enjoy some country hospitality, take a step up in distance or chase a PB, then jump in and sign up today at the brand new website here (insert hyperlink: http://bit.ly/2N1VehT